With over 35 years’ experience Yves Vincent has built a solid reputation amongst lawyers, bankers and debtors. He is a talented negotiator with extensive expertise in the area of corporate reorganizations and restructurings. As a highly-respected consultant he has helped many companies overcome difficult obstacles with his ability to apply workable solutions to complex problems.
As a true leader at the firm Yves has made many significant contributions to developing the consulting group’s insolvency, financial recovery, forensic accounting and corporate finance services. He has not only been very involved in managing and providing guidance to the Richter Advisory Group Inc. (Richter), but has also played a role in training and developing our team of professionals.
In conjunction with his colleagues, he has succeeded in making Richter the most prestigious consulting firm in turnarounds and insolvency in the Quebec market, and one of the largest in the country. As one of the firm's senior practitioners in this field, he is involved in most of the firm's major mandates.
Clarkson Gordon (1973 to 1984)
- First employer after completing university (1973-1978)
- Promoted to Audit Supervisor (1978-1979)
- Transferred to the position of Supervisor – Recovery and Insolvency (1979-1984)
Richter Advisory Group Inc. / Richter LLP (1984 to date)
- Senior manager – recovery and insolvency (1984 -1987)
- Partner – financial consulting, financial recovery and insolvency (1987 to date)
- Chairman of the Management and Operations Committee of the firm’s insolvency, recovery, forensic accounting and corporate finance group (2002 – 2004)
- Member of Richter’s Board of Directors (2000 – 2016)
- B. Com., Sir George Williams University (Concordia), 1973
- Accounting certificate, McGill University, 1976
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1976
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP), 1985
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee, 1985
- Fellow of the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec (FCPA, FCA), 2005
Yves Vincent is in high demand as a presenter to special interest groups. His broad range of financial consulting, financial recovery and business restructuring expertise is much sought after and his commentary is held in high regard.
Yves has presided over symposia and has been a panelist on a number of occasions, together with several renowned attorneys and Quebec Superior Court judges, to focus on various insolvency-related topics. These high-level symposia are very popular among chartered accountants, bankers, attorneys and insolvency professionals. A number of his texts have been circulated in connection with these conferences.
- Amendments to the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Implications of the new Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Companies’ Creditors Arrangements Act
- New financial restructuring trends
- Ambiguities in business sales
- Real estate management
- Early warning signs of insolvency
- Case studies based on current events
- Training new Licensed Insolvency Trustees
Yves Vincent is an active member of the Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (CAIRP) and of the Association québécoise des professionnels de la réorganisation et de l’insolvabilité
. He continues to provide consultation when necessary to these associations as well as to the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy regarding the administration of, and amendments to, the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act.
- Ordre des comptables agréés du Québec – chartered accountant (1976)
- Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals – CIRP (1985)
- Association québécoise des professionnels de la réorganisation et de l'insolvabilité (AQPRI)
Vice President (1988 - 1990)
President (1990 - 1991)
- The Insolvency Institute of Canada – a prestigious association of only 125 members, all of whom are highly experienced attorneys and insolvency practitioners
Involved in work session focussing on amendments to insolvency legislation
Member of the Board of Directors (2006 - 2010)
- Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montréal – Active member
Over the course of his career, Yves has frequently been a guest speaker before many professional associations and other organizations on a variety of topics, including insolvency and restructuring issues and major transactions.
Publications and Media
Yves is regularly asked by recognized media organizations to provide expert advice. Among other things, he was interviewed for and made other contributions to articles in La Presse, Les Affaires, Le Droit, Le Journal de Montréal, The Gazette and Le Soleil.
- “Good management is the art of making problems so interesting and their solutions so constructive that everyone wants to get to work and deal with them.”
- Paul Hawken