Vanessa Velentzas has over eleven years of experience in delivering assurance and consulting services to both private and public companies. Among her many mandates within various industries, Vanessa has acquired pertinent experience in the retail, distribution and manufacturing sectors, particularly in audit.
Current Position and Responsibilities
Vanessa is a senior manager in the assurance division and is recognized for her technical expertise and commitment to client satisfaction. Vanessa is also a senior member of our Retail Consulting Services Group where she assists retail management in navigating today’s highly volatile retail landscape by providing meaningful and practical solutions in areas such as store performance analysis, inventory management and financial projections. In addition, Vanessa has worked on pre and post funding due diligence mandates for major banks.
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec - Member since 2006
National Retail Federation (US) - Member since 2011
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA auditor, CA), 2006
- Graduate Diploma in Public Accountancy, McGill University, 2006
- B.Com., McGill University, 2004
Publications and Media
- “Formule ‘briques et mortier’ : bien vivante et toujours aussi importante,” Le Détaillant, Winter 2012.
- Career profile featured on Droit-Inc. (website), “Au secours des détaillants,” March 2014.
Vanessa plays an active role in recruitment efforts and training activities for the firm’s professionals.