Richard Vineberg has been a senior assurance and business advisory partner with more than 40 years of professional experience at Richter. He was the head of a practice that included a variety of entrepreneurial businesses, many of which are leaders in their industries in Canada, and also have a substantial presence in the United States. As a result, he has significant experience with cross-border issues.
In addition to his entrepreneurial practice, Richard has experience and has developed specialized knowledge of companies within the entertainment industry. He also has dealt regularly with entities in the para-public and not-for-profit sectors, including hospitals, schools and charities, where his involvement on a professional level has been as both an auditor and consultant. On a volunteer basis, he has served as a board member, officer, treasurer and president.
Current Position and Responsibilities
In addition to acting as a senior business relationship liaison with a number of Richter clients, Richard also performs a number of important administrative functions for the partners of Richter.
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Member of the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec, since 1972
- Board member of the Jewish Community Foundation
- Board member of the Bronfman Jewish Education Centre
- Past President of the CJA Federation
- Past President of the Council of Jewish Federations of Canada
- Past Treasurer of the Canadian Jewish Congress
- Past Treasurer of the Lower Canada College Foundation
- B.Com., McGill University, 1970
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1972
- Fellow Chartered Professional Accountant (FCPA), 1998
Prizes, Distinctions and Nominations
- Samuel Bronfman Medal 2008 awarded by Federation CJA in recognition of extraordinary service and leadership to the Montreal Jewish Community.
Publications and Media
- Quoted in the article by Kathryn Greenaway, “Culture hub redefines its role: Saidye Bronfman Centre will focus on performing arts,” The Gazette, December 13, 2006, p. D1.
- Quoted in the article, “FEDERATION CJA Honoured by the Office québécois de la langue française,” The Gazette et Canada Newswire, March 17, 2006.
- Quoted in the article, “CJA opens branch,” The Gazette, January 26, 2006, p. F2.
- Quoted in the article, “Montreal police renames investigative branch as hate-crimes unit,” The Canadian Press, April 16, 2004.
- Quoted in the article by Rochelle Lash, “Night of 100 dinners: Generous donors treated to an elaborate evening of food, drink and entertainment,” The Gazette, October 27, 2000, p. A19.
In his free time, Richard volunteers his services to non-profit organizations and has served in many senior volunteer positions.
- “Those who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt the person doing it.”
- Chinese Proverb