Michael Szirt has over 25 years of experience in both professional services and industry. He has been an auditor and strategic advisor to companies in the manufacturing, distribution, healthcare, and technology sectors. Michael has held financial and executive management positions, with companies ranging from start-ups, to high-growth mid-sized companies, to large publicly traded corporations. Michael also has many years of entrepreneurial experience, having been an owner of several businesses, and having built companies with a national footprint. He has been involved in international expansion, both in the United States and overseas. His strategic skill set extends beyond accounting and finance and into operations, marketing, human resources and information technology.
Michael leads and manages complex assurance mandates while providing strategic business advisory services to his diverse clientele. As a previous business owner and executive manager, Michael is highly experienced with the many issues our own entrepreneurial clients are facing.
Fields of expertise
- Strategic business advisory
- Registered CPA, Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, 2006
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1993
- Graduate Diploma in Public Accountancy, McGill University, 1992
- Bachelor of Commerce, McGill University, 1990
Professional and community involvement
- Has worked closely with investment bankers, private equity, financial institutions, Canadian and international law firms, and tax advisors on a wide variety of strategies
- Involvement in all aspects of acquisition and divestiture of businesses, including strategy, deal terms, valuation, due diligence and post-acquisition integration
- Guest lecturer. Corporate Finance, Concordia University, Montréal.
- Guest lecturer. Business Strategy, McGill University, Montréal