Guy St-Georges has over 30 years of consulting, assurance and management experience, including over six years as a forensic services and investigation specialist. He has been serving a large clientele composed of public and private corporations as well as government bodies in Canada, Europe and Asia.
Over the course of his career, Guy has planned and led major financial investigations. He was in charge of preparing interrogations in collaboration with legal advisors. In connection with one investigation of an administrative nature, he prepared and led numerous interviews with witnesses, representing hundreds of hours of interrogations.
Guy has also managed a number of disputes involving complex financial situations requiring the calculation of economic losses in various cases involving a breach of contract or the sale of a business. He has prepared a large number of expert and second expert reports submitted in Court.
As a Vice President in investigations and forensic accounting at Richter, Guy is actively involved in this service’s development.
Fields of expertise
- Financial investigations
- Financial litigation management
- Preparation and holding of interrogations
- Preparation of expert and second expert reports presented before the courts
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Pharmaceutical sector
- Financial institutions
Academic Background and Professional Affiliations
- Certified in Financial Forensics, AICPA, 2014
- Certified Fraud Examiner, ACFE, 2010
- Graduate diploma in fight against financial crime, Université de Sherbrooke, 2008
- Member of the Hong Kong Society of Accountants, 1989
- Member of the Quebec Order of Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA, CA), 1987
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting specialization, Université de Sherbrooke, 1984
- Author. “Allegations of Fraud: Work Fast! The First 48 Hours Are Crucial!,” Action Canada-France, February 2015.