Adam Sherman has more than 15 years of experience providing financial advisory services to a diverse clientele including management, boards of directors, financial institutions, secured creditors and shareholders. He practices primarily in the areas of corporate restructuring and insolvency, turnaround consulting, mergers and acquisitions, and due diligence.
Over the course of his career, Adam has become skilled in developing and assessing business plans, financial projections, cash flow forecasts and turnaround plans. He brings a well-rounded and hands-on approach to restructuring and advisory assignments and has developed a reputation for developing creative strategies for managing situations of financial distress, as well as implementing strategies to preserve and enhance value. Adam has led a broad range of formal and informal restructuring assignments across a wide range of industries, including construction, automotive, manufacturing, retail, financial services, agriculture and telecommunications.
Fields of expertise
- Strategic and operational business planning
- Crisis management
- Formal and informal restructurings
- Financial planning/modeling and risk management
- Revenue/profit and cash flow optimization
- Divestitures and asset realizations
- Financial Services
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee, 2009
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP), 2009
- MBA, Schulich School of Business, 2000
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Turnaround Management Association - member Since 2010
- Canadian Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Professionals - member Since 2009
- Ontario Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Professionals - member Since 2009
- Speaker. Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals’ 2015 Forum, April 2015.