Lorne Richter has been practicing tax since 1992. Through the years, he has dealt with a diverse clientele, which includes owner-managed businesses and their shareholders, high net worth individuals and their corporations and foreign entities operating in Canada, as well as Canadian entities operating in foreign jurisdictions, in various industry sectors including manufacturing, distribution, real estate, retail and technology.
Lorne involves himself with all aspects of his clients’ tax and accounting matters to ensure that all opportunities are taken advantage of. He enjoys a close relationship with his clients. Lorne is never satisfied with the conventional wisdom approach to tax matters. He develops innovative, custom-made solutions for his clients’ particular needs that are very practical in their implementation.
Fields of expertise
- Owner-managed businesses and their shareholders
- High net worth individuals and their corporations
- Foreign entities operating in Canada
- Canadian entities operating in foreign jurisdictions
- Real Estate
- Finished 2nd Place in the McGill Chartered Accountancy program
- Lorne has lectured at the Annual Canadian Tax Foundation Conference, at the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), at the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec and at the Bloomberg BNA’s Annual Canada-U.S. Cross-Border Tax Update Conference.
- Chartered Professional Accountant, 1993
- B. Com. in Accounting, McGill University, 1990