With over 25 years in public accounting, Andre is a well-versed corporate tax, transfer pricing and cross-border tax advisor. As a senior practitioner, Andre has assisted numerous private and public multinational companies in various fields establish appropriate cross-border, transfer pricing and tax structures. Andre’s corporate tax background includes work in income tax, international tax, indirect tax, customs, due diligences, mergers and acquisitions and privatizations.
Andre’s focus is on adding value by providing creative and sound solutions to his clients. He leads major engagements in cross-border expansions and planning, tax and corporate structure planning for owner-managed and public businesses, audit defense, business restructurings, supply chain optimization, advance pricing arrangements (APA) and submissions to Canadian and foreign tax authorities.
Fields of expertise
- Cross-border structures, international tax, supply chain and shareholder value improvement
- Tax, transfer pricing and customs planning
- Software and electronics
- Financial services
- MBA, Manchester Business School, UK, 2000
- Master’s Degree, Economics, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, 1994
Co-Author. “Cameco Trial Opening Remarks Raise Fundamental Issues,” Bloomberg BNA, December 2016
- Co-author. “Implementation of BEPS Measures: Country-by-Country Reporting,” Bloomberg BNA, May 2016
- Co-author. “Lessons from Canada’s Silver Wheaton Case: When Corporate Directors Are Sued for Transfer Pricing Transgressions,” Bloomberg BNA, November 2015
- Contributor. “Tax Optimizing the Supply Chain,” Canadian Tax Foundation, February 2009
- Award recipient. Full-time Scholarship, MBA program, Manchester Business School, UK, 1998
- Award recipient, Full-time scholarship, Master’s Degree, Economics, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, 1992