Phil Nadler has provided tax consulting services to both private corporations and public entities for over 20 years. His experience covers a wide range of sectors including real estate, manufacturing, retail, charities and non-profit entities.
Phil has provided tax consultation in diverse areas that include estate planning, corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, cross-border real estate and investment planning, and insolvency and restructuring planning.
Phil has taught tax-related courses at McGill University, and has lectured at the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec and has also acted as a facilitator and tutor for taxation courses offered by the CICA (today CPA Canada). He frequently lectures to professional groups and industry organizations on tax-related topics, such as public-private partnerships, loss planning and the taxation of corporate reorganizations for SMEs.
Fields of expertise
- Estate planning
- Corporate reorganizations
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Cross-border real estate planning
- Cross-border investment planning
- Insolvency and restructuring planning
- Real estate
Professional and community involvement
- Speaker. Canadian Tax Foundation – Technical Seminar on Corporate Reorganizations held in Montreal and Ottawa, 2011
- Author. “Canada-U.S. Anti-Hybrid Rules and Unlimited Liability Corporations,” RSM Richter Chamberland Bulletin, December 2009
- Co-author. Chapter on taxation of Canadian insolvencies for Insol International, 2009
- With Vincent De Angelis. “Conversion d'immeubles,” Espace Magazine, June 2008
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1994
- B.Com., McGill University, 1990