Terry McInally provides risk, strategy and business management advisory services, with experience as both a senior executive specializing in regulatory environments, and an external advisor to Boards and Executives. He has over 20 years of experience in risk management, internal audit, stakeholder management, business strategy development, change/project management, strategic reviews, due diligence and regulatory reform.
Prior to joining Richter, Terry was an executive with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO), where he was head of the Project Management Office, Risk Management and Internal/Compliance Audit for the agency. He has also managed and delivered large scale complex process, change and transformation projects within the public and private sector (insurance, finance, pharmaceutical, etc.), in many cases during times of significant change/transition for these organizations. In addition, Terry has significant expertise in strategy/program development, integration services and change expertise including experience in managing very large teams across different business functions and different geographic locations, with numerous client stakeholders. Terry also led the gaming practice for a Big Four consulting firm in Canada, and brings specific knowledge of gaming through a number of projects and experiences.
Fields of expertise
- Business and operational risk management
- Fraud risk assessment
- Program and project management
- Integration/change management
- Business program review and efficiency assessment
- Internal audit/systems audit
- Business process design and reengineering
- Strategic business transformation
- Risk-based strategy development
- Due diligence and corporate governance
- Public sector, including: hospitals, government ministries, crown corporations and agencies
- Real estate, banks, pharmaceutical, insurance, technology providers
- Gaming industry – public and private sector entities (local, national and global)
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Facilitor
- Accredited Internal Assessor/Validate for Internal audit functions
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CMA)
- Honors BA, University of Toronto
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- The Society of Management Accountants of Canada
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- CPA Canada
- Canadian Gaming Association
- Co-Author “Good Governance: Just a catch-phrase?,” Canadian Gaming Business Magazine, September 2016.
- Co-Author “Risk-Based Gaming Regulation,” Canada Gaming Magazine, January 2015.
- Lead Presenter. “Internet Gaming: Risk and Reward”, Nevada CPA 35th Annual Gaming Conference, Las Vegas, May 2013.