Audrey Mercier joined Richter in 2003 and has worked in the Assurance division of our firm for several years before transferring within our professional practice group. During the first years of her career, she participated in audit engagements for listed and private companies in various industries, including high technology, apparel, manufacturing, distribution and service-related companies. She manages large and complex audit engagements requiring significant expertise in accounting standards and knowledge of best practices in her clients’ individual industries.
Audrey sees to the application of Canadian, U.S. and international accounting standards in complex operations. Her expertise includes the following sectors: financial instruments, inventory, business combinations, intangible assets and goodwill, deferred income taxes, stock-based compensation and public company financial reporting.
In addition, Audrey has been involved in various litigation and arbitration mandates on accounting, auditing matters and financial damages calculations related to, amongst others, measurement of inventories, impairment of capital assets, capital nature of research and development expenditures and application of auditing standards. She also participated in financial fraud investigations and holds the titles of Certified Fraud Examiner and Certified in Financial Forensics.
Fields of expertise
- Accounting for complex transactions
- Assistance in financial reporting to private and public companies
- Expertise in Canadian auditing standards
- Litigation support
- Manufacturing and distribution
Professional and community involvement
- Member of Technical Working Group on IFRS - Financial Accounting – Part I of the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec, since 2012
- Member of Technical Working Group on Accounting standards for private enterprises - Part II of the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec, since 2012
- Member of the Board of Directors of Collège Saint-Hilaire, 2016
- Member Joint Arrangements and Consolidation Taskforce of CPA Canada, from 2015 to 2016
- Facilitator and author of OCPAQ continuing education program, from 2013 to 2015
- President CPAs in Public Practice of the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec, from 2014 to 2015
- Member of Committee CPAs in Public Practice of the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec, from 2011 to 2015
- Chair of Richter’s Centraide campaign, from 2009 to 2011
- Teaching and tutoring for the UFE (now called CFE) Concordia University, 2006
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), 2016
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) 2014
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA) 2007
- Graduate Diploma in Financial Accountancy, Concordia University 2005
- Bachelor in Commerce, Concordia University 2004