Simon Lapointe began his career at Richter within the Assurance division in 2008. With a solid academic background (including a Graduate Diploma in Public Accountancy) he has had the opportunity since then to take part in several engagements for companies and different organizations in the fields of innovation and technology, parapublic agencies, manufacturing, distribution and real estate.
Current Position and Responsibilities
Simon is a manager within the firm’s Assurance division. In this capacity, he ensures the successful delivery of many audit mandates.
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
Young CPAs of Montréal, Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec:
- President - From 2013 to 2014
- Vice-President, Administration and Finance - From 2012 to 2013
- Executive Vice-President - From 2011 to 2012
- Member of the Committee - Since 2009
Student Association of HEC Montréal (AEHEC)
- President - From 2008 to 2009
- Vice-President, Academic Affairs - From 2006 to 2007
- Graduate Diploma in Public Accountancy, HEC Montréal, 2010
- B.B.A., HEC Montréal, 2009
Prizes, Distinctions and Nominations
- First prize winner at the Taxation Case Competition of the Commerce Games, 2010
- Recipient of the Second Year Students Personality Scholarship of the AEHEC, 2008
- Recipient of a Leadership Scholarship from HEC Montréal, 2006
- Business models, Founder Institute, March 2015.
- Basics of Accounting, Concordia University; District 3 Innovation Centre, February 2015.
- "Comment résoudre un cas académique," McGill University, November 2012.
- CPA Canada – Uniform Final Examination marker, 2012, 2013, 2014
- HEC Montréal – Marker and lecturer, since 2011
- Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières – Marker and lecturer since 2013