Jordan Gould has the innate ability to put people at ease, ask the right questions, listen attentively, assess a problem and see the big picture. But more importantly, it is his ability to go beyond the numbers by providing valuable advice and practical solutions that has enabled him to become an invaluable resource to his entrepreneurial clients. With over twenty-five years of experience, Jordan specializes in accounting and auditing services, consulting for tax issues and succession planning for family-owned and mid-sized enterprises.
Jordan is also a member of Richter’s Retail Consulting Services Group, which assists retailers in identifying, analyzing and providing meaningful and practical solutions to the problems arising in today’s highly volatile retail environment.
Fields of expertise
- Accounting and assurance
- Succession/transition planning
- Strategic tax planning
- Business consulting
- Real estate
- Chartered Accountant (CPA, CA), 1989
- B.B.A, Accounting, York University, 1987
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Member of the Retail Council of Canada
- Member of the National Retail Federation (US)
- Trusted Advisor of TEC (The Executive Committee) Canada, since 2008
- Member of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPA Ontario), since 1989
- Member of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA), since 1989
Professional and community involvement
- Temple Sinai, Toronto Board - member since 2016.
- Retail Council of Canada - member since 2013.
- National Retail Federation (US) - member since 2013.
- TEC (The Executive Committee) Canada - trusted advisor since 2008.
- Speaker. “Expecting the Unexpected” seminar presented at the CPA Canada’s National Conference for Business Transitions. November 2014.
- Speaker. Succession and tax planning seminars for various chapters of The Executive Committee. November 2013.
- Author. “What’s in Your Holding Company?”, Canadian Capital Magazine. December 2012.
- Quoted in article by Rick Spence, “Tsunami warning of business sell-offs,”Profit Magazine. October 2012.
- Author. “Ensure Business Owners Plan Ahead,” Advisor.ca. August 2012.
- Author. “Plan Business Exit Early to Get the Most Value,” The Globe and Mail. September 2011.
- Speaker. “Preparing Your Business for Sale” interview, Highview Radio. August 2011.
- Facilitator. “Heading for the Exit” break-out session at Business Innovation in Changing Times N6 conference. January 2011.
- Facilitator, “Heading for the Exit” webinar at the Ontario General Contractors Association. January 2011.
On a personal note, Jordan is an accomplished pianist, is a participant in several team and individual sports, and gives much of his spare time to a number of charitable organizations.