Alana Geller joined the firm in 2004 and is currently a Vice President in Business Valuation, Litigation and Forensic Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services.
Alana has rendered valuation-related professional services in areas including mergers and acquisitions (sell-side and buy-side), taxation, financial reporting, shareholder oppression and appraisal rights, commercial litigation, matrimonial proceedings and quantification of damages. Alana is highly skilled in developing and assessing business plans and financial projections and is acutely sensitive to the key value drivers that make each business successful.
Fields of expertise
- Business valuation and financial litigation
- Mergers and acquisitions (sell-side, buy-side)
- Financial reporting
- Quantification of damages
- Shareholder oppression and appraisal rights
- Matrimonial proceedings
- Consumer Products
- American Institute of CPAs, Certified in Financial Forensics, 2014
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV), 2012
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario, 2006
- Graduate Diploma in Accountancy, McGill University, 2006
- Honours B.Com, McGill University, 2004
Professional and community involvement
- The Montreal Children’s Hospital Community Event - Stroll for Kids (raised $200,000+ for the Hospital in 2015 and 2016) - Co-Chair since 2015
- Federation CJA: Chamber of Commerce – Event Co-Chair 2015
- Federation CJA:Leadership Development Program – Participant from 2013 to 2014
- St. Mary’s Hospital Foundation Young Professionals Group - Member from 2013 to 2015
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV) - Montreal Workshop Committee Member since 2013
- Recipient of the Scholastic Achievement Award - 2012
- The Climate Reality Project - Treasurer to the Board from 2011 to 2014
- In collaboration with Andrew Michelin CPA, CA, CBV, ASA. “Understanding EBITDA Multiples: If cash is king, why does everyone talk about EBITDA?.”, April 2013.