Michael Frankel understands the environment, the risks and issues faced by today’s entrepreneur in striving to run a successful business in a highly competitive marketplace, while positioning itself for future growth, whether domestic or international.
He provides sound advice regarding financial aspects pertaining to daily operations, strategic planning, acquisitions and divestitures, financing and refinancing, international expansion and understanding the global market environment, as well as succession planning.
Current Position and Responsibilities
Michael has been with the firm for over 40 years and brings breadth and depth to his role of principal financial advisor to a wide variety of mid-size entrepreneurial clients with respect to business-related issues.
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Member of the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec, since 1975
- Member of CPA Canada, since 1975
- Past President of the Bronfman Jewish Education Centre, from 2005 to 2009
- Past President of the Quebec Israel Committee, from 2004 to 2008
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Jewish Community Foundation of Montreal, from 2009 to date
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Federation CJA, from 2004 to 2008
- Treasurer of the Royal Victoria Hospital Foundation, since 2011
- Member of the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board, since 2013
- Fellow Chartered Professional Accountant (FCPA, FCA), 2014
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1975
- B.Sc., McGill University, 1971
Prizes, Distinctions and Nominations
- Distinguished Leadership Award, CJA Association, October 14th, 2010
Publications and Media
- Quoted in the article, “Le Comité Québec-Israel félicite le président de l'Autorité palestinienne pour son élection,” Canada Newswire, January 10, 2005.
- Quoted in the article, “ Comité Québec-Israel - Une rescapée d'une attaque terroriste en Israel parle,” Canada Newswire, September 10, 2003.
- Quoted in the article, “ La communauté juive de Montréal organise ce soir un service commémoratif à la mémoire des victimes de l'attentat terroriste à Jérusalem,” Canada Newswire, August 20, 2003.
- Quoted in the article by Jeb Bloch, “Montreal & Beersheva: working together in partnership,” The Gazette, May 23, 2002, p. F8.
- Quoted in the article by Sarah Dougherty, “Under scrutiny: How one accounting firm functions in the fallout of Arthur Andersen,” The Gazette, March 18, 2002.
As President of the Richter Charitable Foundation, Michael oversees the partners’ donations and sponsorships, which represent over $1 million in funds a year.
- “The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.”