Earl Forman has over 25 years of personal and corporate income tax experience. His expertise covers a wide range of tax areas with particular emphasis on corporate reorganizations, real estate, estate planning, scientific research and experimental development (SR&ED), corporate compliance and all aspects associated with entrepreneurial owner-managed businesses and the issues faced by their shareholders.
Earl heads up the firm’s Canadian Compliance and the SR&ED tax credit practices where he works closely with in-house engineers to obtain the maximum tax credits available from the government for his clients.
Earl has been a study leader and tutor for the CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course, and has lectured for McGill University’s Graduate Diploma in Taxation Program and for the professional development program of the Ordre des CPA du Québec. Earl has also given many presentations to numerous organizations on various income tax related topics.
Fields of expertise
- Corporate reorganizations
- Estate planning
- Scientific research and experimental development
- Canadian compliance
- Real Estate
- Entrepreneurial owner-managed businesses
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1990
- Diploma in Public Accountancy, 1989
- B.Com., McGill University, 1987
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Canadian Tax Foundation - Member since 1990
- Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec - Member from 2011 to 2013
- McGill University’s Graduate Diploma in Taxation Program - Lecturer from 1995 to 1997
- CICA In-Depth Tax Course - Tutor from 1994 to 1998