Jean DesRochers has more than 15 years of assurance and consulting experience. Jean ensures the proper management of engagements carried out for clients operating in the technology, retail, manufacturing and distribution sectors. As partner, Jean is currently in charge of assurance engagements involving service enterprises in the Greater Montréal Area.
Jean is recognized for his technical expertise in general accounting and financial reporting, and is extremely knowledgeable regarding the audit methodology. He is especially appreciated for his attention to ensuring service quality and his commitment to total client satisfaction.
Due to his experience acquired over the years, he is a versatile business advisor who is able to guide SMEs making important decisions.
He is recognized for his ability to manage and carry out complex engagements and to effectively deal with unfamiliar and changing situations requiring a thorough understanding and comprehensive analysis. This ability, combined with an aptitude to work closely with an entity’s senior management, enable him to accurately assess situations, pinpoint client needs and specific expectations, prioritize problems and develop an effective action plan to make recommendations and provide practical and effective business advice tailored to the client’s circumstances.
Fields of expertise
- Internal control assessments
- Identification of risks
- Development of effective solutions for accounting or audit challenges
Areas of Expertise
Professional and community involvement
- Make-A-Wish® Quebec - Treasurer since 2014
- L'Ancre des jeunes - Member since 2013
- Centre Entrepreneur HEC-Poly-UdM - Instructor since 2010
- Chartered professional accountant (CPA auditor, CA), 2002
- D.E.S.S.C.P., HEC Montréal, 2001
- B.B.A., HEC Montréal, 2000
- Quoted in article by Anne Gaignaire “Développer son profil entrepreneurial,” Les Affaires, December 2016
- Quoted in the article “Trois jeunes associés, trois parcours de relève,” Les Affaires, April 2016
- Quoted in the article “Huit erreurs d’entrepreneurs cherchant du financement,” Les Affaires, June 2013
- Quoted in the article “Le climat n'a jamais été si propice,” Les Affaires, June 2013
- Video capsule “Comment trouver des investisseurs à l’étranger,” Génération INC. (Website), February 2013
- Video capsule “Trois conseils pour garder la confiance de vos investisseurs,” Génération INC. (Website), November 2012
- Quoted in the article “L’inventivité comme moteur de succès,” Québec Hebdo (Website), October 2012
- Quoted in the article “L’inventivité, l’ADN de l’entreprise profitable,” Le Soleil, October 2012
- Author. “Convaincre des investisseurs d’un projet audacieux,” Génération INC. (Website), October 2012
- Author. “Petits détaillants mais grandes idées,” Le Détaillant, Fall 2012
- Video capsule “Trois conseils pour créer de la valeur dans votre PME,” Génération INC. (Website), August 2012
- Author. “Cinq conseils pour prendre de meilleures décisions d’affaires,” Génération INC. (Website), July 2012
- Author. “Des idées promises à un grand avenir : stimuler la créativité dans votre PME,” Génération INC. (Website), June 2012