Giovanni Di Maria has over 20 years of experience through which he has acquired significant expertise providing advice to companies in a vast array of industries. Focused on helping his clients meet their growth objectives, he is continuously involved in their initiatives with respect to establishing and implementing successful business strategies.
He has led and executed numerous complex mandates involving the evaluation of the relevance and effectiveness of management processes, in order to achieve specific strategic and financial goals.
Giovanni has developed an extensive network of contacts in the business community, including its top banking institutions and law firms. He is particularly adept at leveraging his contacts to his clients’ benefit. He has also developed a specialty in assurance services for brokers and dealers who are members of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC).
Fields of expertise
- Implementing business strategies
- Effectiveness of management processes
- Financial reporting
- Assurance services
- Real estate
- In-depth Brokers and Investment Dealers Course, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, 2000
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1996
- B.Com., McGill University, 1995
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Heart & Stroke Foundation: Quebec Chapter - Board member since 2013
- Kovalev & Friends Foundation for kids - Board member since 1996
- Italian-Canadian Community Foundation - Governor since 2010