Catherine Dickner has more than 20 years of experience in accounting and tax. Before joining Richter, she spent six years as the Associate Director, Commodity Taxes, at Bell Canada, where she was responsible for managing relations with the tax authorities. Among other things, she implemented a new methodology in order to deliver required information during tax audits, while optimizing resources and reducing risks, as well as negotiate contentious issues and enter into agreements.
Catherine joined Richter’s Tax Division in 2011. She is in charge of developing an autonomous practice group within the firm, offering a new range of services to an international client base. Catherine’s responsibilities include building relationships based on trust and collaboration with clients, network members and government representatives. She is also involved in major transactions, including the purchase and sale of assets and due diligence work.
She provides leadership and coordination for the Division’s services, is actively involved in implementing the firm’s strategy and assists clients in optimizing their controls and processes in a legislative environment. In addition, Catherine is in charge of implementing an interdepartmental control and review process.
Fields of expertise
- Optimization and implementation of controls and processes in a legislative environment
- Sales tax consulting services
- Implementation of tax audit methodologies
- Real estate
- Professional services
- Health care services
Professional and community involvement
- Family Selection Committee for Habitat for Humanity - Member since 2016
- Financial Management Institute of Canada - Director since 2014
- La Traversée, a clinic and support center for women and children who are victims of sexual assault - Treasurer since 2014
- Ordre des administrateurs agréés du Québec (Ordre des ADMA) - Member since 2013
- Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF) - Member since 2005
- With Martin Gilbert. “Landlord/Tenant work-out arrangements: Important GST/HST and QST consequences,” Espace Montréal magazine, Vol. 24 # 3, 2015
- With Martin Gilbert. “Nominee Corporations: Are You Ready for January 1st, 2015?,” Espace Montréal magazine, Vol. 23 # 3, 2014
- With Martin Gilbert. “Nominee Corporations: Are You Ready for January 1st, 2015?,” Stratège APFF, Vol. 19 # 5, 2014
- D.E.S.S. (tax planning), Université de Sherbrooke, Longueuil, 2003
- CICA GST In-Depth, 2002
- B.B.A. (accounting), Université Laval, Québec, 1995