Sophie Caudiu has over 20 years’ experience providing advisory services in France and Canada, primarily in the field of audit and in assisting businesses with accounting, taxation and financial matters.
With firm roots in the business community promoting relationships between Canada and Europe, she is a valuable resource in the field of financial advisory services for European companies wishing to do business in North America. Working with partners on both sides of the Atlantic, and with the Richter firm’s specialized resources (including tax), Sophie assists European businesses in their efforts to branch out into North America, by advising on the accounting and tax aspects of such projects and offering support for development strategies. Her professional experience in both Europe and Canada is a major asset for her clients, as it allows her to clearly understand their challenges and constraints, and recommend best local practices.
Sophie regularly gives lectures under the theme “Investing in Canada” at seminars both in Europe and Canada.
Fields of expertise
- Foreign company assistance
- Implementation and development strategies
- Full accounting and financial reporting services
- Assurance and financial statements
- Preparation of financial forecasts and budgets
- Assistance in preparing business plans
- Foreign company subsidiaries
- Innovation and technology Services
Professional and community involvement
- Chambre de Commerce et d’Industrie Française au Canada - Board Member, From 2014 to 2017 - Chair, Lunch Conference committee, From 2014 to 2017
- Théâtre de la Manufacture Inc. - Member of the Board of Directors and Treasurer, Since 2016
- Annual fundraising evening committee, Théâtre La Licorne - Co-Chair, Since 2012
- Belles d’Espoir fundraising evening committee (CHU Ste-Justine Foundation) - Treasurer, From 2014 to 2015
- Urban Planning Advisory Committee Ville-Marie borough (Montréal) - Permanent member and citizen representative, From 2004 to 2006
- Association des résidants du Vieux-Montréal - Chair and Editor-In-Chief of Le Vieux Montréal, From 2000 to 2002
- Author. “L’Ambassade du Canada à Paris : un partenaire précieux,” Action Canada-France, April 2017.
- Author. “Les médias sociaux font leur marque jusque dans les services professionnels,” Action Canada-France, January 2017.
- Author. “Tax Issues Are on the Agenda… Now More Than Ever!”, Action Canada-France, September 2016.
- Author. “Smart Cities: The Promises and the Risks,” Action Canada-France, March 2016.
- Author. “Social Entrepreneurship: A Trend That is Not About to Go Away!”, Action Canada-France, January 2016.
- Quoted in the article “Des comptables intrapreneurs dans les cabinets,” Les Affaires, December 2015.
- Author. “Four Ways to Turn Risks into Opportunities in the Agri-food Industry,” Action Canada-France, September 2015.
- Co-author. “Le marché des aliments « santé et bien-être » : de la niche à la tendance alimentaire,” Action Canada-France, September 2015.
- Quoted in the article “Start-up : comment constituer son équipe de rêve,” Les Affaires, April 2015.
- Author. “Entrepreneurs and Philanthropy: A Combination That is Worth Its Weight in Gold!”, Action Canada-France, January 2015.
- Author. “Oui, vous pouvez maximiser la valeur de votre entreprise!”, Action Canada-France, September 2014.
- Author. “Le Québec Accueille Jeff de Bruges!”, Action Canada-France, March 2014.
- Author. “Relations France-Québec : Vive l’entrepreneuriat libre!”, Premières en affaires, Feburary/March 2014.
- Author. “Recherche et développement : optimisez les incitatifs fiscaux!” Action Canada-France, September 2013.
- Quoted in the article “Réaliser le rêve américain,” Droit-Inc. (website), April 2013.
- Author. “Financer sa filiale canadienne… Oui, mais pas sans incidences fiscales!”, Action Canada-France, March 2013.
- Expert invited as part of the TV show Génération INC. (third season), October 2012.
- Author. “Doing business in Canada: what you need to know about accounting and tax matters,” a guide for European companies.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA auditor, CGA), Canada, 2011
- Certificate in accounting, Université du Québec à Montréal, 2008
- Diplôme d’études comptables et financières, France, 1996
- Graduate of the École supérieure de commerce et d’administration des entreprises de Reims (now NEOMA Business School), France, 1990