Massimo Cecere is a partner at Richter and expert advisor in business strategy, risk management, governance and internal audit. With close to 15 years of experience, Massimo distinguishes himself by his sharp ability to understand the critical and strategic issues that business managers and executives face on a regular basis. He serves a corporate clientele which mainly includes large companies, public companies and Crown corporations operating in various industries.
Massimo is a key consultant for senior management and directors offering them diligent and thoughtful guidance. His success is based on professional values which combine thoroughness, discipline and continuous preparation.
Massimo actively contributes to developing the firm’s governance and risk management practices. He has given several presentations and led discussion forums on innovation and integration of best practices and reference frameworks. He is often called upon to provide training and facilitate workshops for board and executive committee members. His clients appreciate his strong ability to encourage value-added discussions and to identify issues requiring immediate action.
Areas of expertise
- Business and operational risk management
- Corporate governance
- Fraud and ethical risk management
- Internal audit
- Program compliance
- Internal controls
Professional and community involvement
- Institute of Internal Auditors- Member
- Association for Operations Management (APICS) - Member
- Author. “Structured Risk Management Has its Benefits for Companies in the Real Estate Sector,” Espace Montréal magazine, 2014.
- Author. “Planning, a must – In today’s corporate environment, developing a strategic plan for the internal audit function is crucial,” CAmagazine, January 2013.
- Author. “Gestion de projets : pratiques incontournables,”Génération INC, November 2011.
- Author. “Role reversal,” CAmagazine.
- Author. “Optimizing internal audit,” CAmagazine.