John Charalampopoulos has a great wealth of experience providing audit and business advisory services to a wide range of entrepreneurial clients. Working closely with business owners, he has developed significant expertise in a variety of sectors including the food and beverage, manufacturing and distribution, automotive and healthcare industries.
In addition to bringing substantial technical and leadership skills to the overall direction of his team and mandates, John provides his clients with results-oriented advice on their business strategies and with their important day-to-day decisions. He has assisted many entrepreneurs plan and manage the growth and future of their companies, whether through mergers, acquisitions, operations, the sale of their business, or succession planning. He has also carried out mandates for public entities assisting them in developing and implementing key controls to ensure compliance with regulations.
As the firm’s market team leader for this industry, John has built and led a practice focused on the food manufacturing and processing industry which includes distribution, wholesale and trading. This growing practice is tailored to an industry that has seen dramatic changes in recent years. John fully understands the challenges and opportunities facing this industry and provides counsel on the many business and accounting issues his clients face.
In addition to his mandates in the private and public sectors, John works for numerous clients in the not-for-profit area, including charities and foundations. He also sits on the audit committees of two healthcare organizations and is on the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee of the Hellenic Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal.
Fields of expertise
- Business advisory
- Public and private companies, and not-for-profit organizations
- Food & beverage
- Manufacturing & distribution
- Not-for-profit organizations
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Hellenic Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal - President since 2016
- Board of Directors of The Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal - Member since 2016
- Board of Directors of the Hellenic Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal - Member since 2012
- Executive Committee of Hellenic Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal - Member since 2013
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario - Member since 2011
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1997
- Graduate Diploma in Accountancy, Concordia University, 1995
- B.Com., Concordia University, 1994