Olivier Benchaya is a partner in the Restructuring and Insolvency group of the Richter Advisory Group Inc. division. He possesses a keen business sense and the ability to quickly identify key issues to be addressed. Moreover, Olivier is attuned to his clients and adept at working with the various stakeholders in order to find effective solutions. His roles include guiding business leaders through uncertain financial periods to ensure their renewed prosperity and growth.
Olivier is often called upon to develop restructuring plans and financial projections and implement corrective actions. He has played a key role in many major and complex restructuring projects. Among them, he was involved in the reorganization of a major retailer with over 150 locations in Canada. Through the team’s negotiations, analysis and proposed restructuring, the retailer was able to weather this critical situation and regain the path toward profitability.
Olivier draws on his technical expertise and skills as a mediator to create an atmosphere of trust, which gives rise to solutions that are tailored to each situation. He is able to foster collaboration between stakeholders and evaluate courses of action to turn a business around, and this in the interest of all parties.
Fields of expertise
- Financial restructurings and business turnarounds
- Development and review of financial projections
- Sale of business units
- Debt and equity restructuring
- High technology
- Hospital sector
Professional and community involvement
- Member of the Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals, since 2011
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee, 2014
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP), 2014
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 2005
- Graduate Diploma in Accounting, John Molson School of Business, 2005
- B.Com. with distinction, John Molson School of Business, 2003