Eric Barbieri is a seasoned professional who draws upon his strong analytical and business skills, and over fifteen years of experience in restructuring, to assist our clients in Canada and the United States. He has been involved in some of our most complex and sensitive engagements, including numerous business turnarounds, financial reorganizations, insolvency cases and transaction advisory mandates. He is a Chartered Professional Accountant and Certified Turnaround Professional. Eric is experienced in a wide spectrum of industries including manufacturing, distribution, retail, construction, service, and equipment leasing.
Eric is a partner of the Richter Advisory Group. He is a trusted advisor to lenders, investors and management teams of underperforming and/or financially distressed companies. Eric is extremely skilled in developing and assessing business plans, financial projections, cash flow forecasts and turnaround plans. He has led numerous financial restructurings, both out-of-court and within the context of insolvency proceedings in Canada and the United States.
His recent engagements have included reviewing the business plan of a leading equipment rental company, and assisting the senior lenders in structuring a complex out-of-court financial reorganization. He has also recently worked with the investors and management of a $2B consumer electronics distributor to stabilize its operations, manage short-term liquidity, develop a turnaround plan and assess its financing alternatives.
Fields of expertise
- Financial advisory
- Business turnaround
- Liquidity analysis
- Financial reorganization
- Insolvency consulting
- Transaction advisory
- Distribution and logistics
- Equipment leasing
Professional and community involvement
- Turnaround Management Association – Member
- Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals – Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute – Member
- Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP), 2010
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1998
- Graduate Degree in Public Accountancy, John Molson School of Business, Concordia University, 1998
- B.Com., McGill University, 1996 (Great Distinction)
Facilitator. Executive training seminars for leading financial institutions on topics including workout fundamentals and liquidity management in distressed situations.
- Author. “Riding the Commodity Roller Coaster – Volatility is the New Normal,” Journal of Corporate Renewal, TMA. July and August 2012.