Andrew Adessky has over 20 years of financial advisory, insolvency consulting, cross-border restructuring, crisis management and forensic investigations and litigation support experience. Having led numerous large cases, served as a Licensed Insolvency Trustee, and represented diverse constituents; he is well-versed in bankruptcy and insolvency restructuring, as well as financial reorganization and workouts.
As a partner in the firm’s Consulting division and of Richter Consulting Inc., Andrew works closely with management, secured creditors, creditors’ committees and other professionals in addressing debtor in possession financing and numerous other bankruptcy-related issues. In addition to having played a critical role in managing and coordinating various transactions, ranging from the sale of specific business units to the sale of underlying business assets, he has also been involved in many important investigative and litigation support assignments addressing the misappropriation of funds, negligence, and auditor liability.
Fields of expertise
- Bankruptcy and insolvency restructuring
- Financial reorganization
- Misappropriation of funds
- Auditor liability
- Food & beverage
Professional affiliations and community involvement
- Member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, since 2007
- Member of the Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors (AIRA), since 2006
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee (Ontario), 2012
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee (Quebec), 1995
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP),1992
- M.B.A., Chicago University, 1986
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA),1985
- Graduate Diploma in Public Accountancy, McGill University, 1983
- B.Com., McGill University, 1982
- Quoted in an article by Daniel McHardie. “Atcon overstated revenue by $35.4M before loan guarantees,” CBC News (Website). December 2012.
- Quoted in an article by Murray McNeill. “Final pension payouts finally flow,” Winnipeg Free Press, p. B3. January 2006.
- Quoted in an article by Linda Gyulai. “Time runs out for smart-meter firm: Company developing electronic parking machines files for bankruptcy after new financing falls through,” The Gazette, p. A5. May 1999.
- Quoted in an article by Jean-Paul Soulié. “Les employés de Perrette ignorent ce qui les attend,” La Presse, p. C3. June 1994.
- Quoted in an article by Jeff Heinrich. “Trustees investigate permit sold by Aerocar on eve of bankruptcy; Buyer was daughter of firm's president,” The Gazette, p. F4. December 1991.
- Quoted in an article by Lisa Binsse. “Les éléments d'actif du groupe Aérocar Murray Hill vendus par appel d'offres,” La Presse, p. B10. November 1991.